yet one more obstacle in the road

4.12.2006
as most of you already know, i have Multiple Sclerosis. i have at times talked about my symptoms, the impact it has made on my life and how expensive it is just to feel not-so "sick & tired". todays story takes a different route...

anyone with a disease will tell you, the more you learn the better off you are. in this case, knowledge has lead to anger.

last night i attempted to refill 3 of my scripts on line. once submitted, i got a response back that said two of my refill numbers were not found. ok so i thought it was an internet foepaw, so i tried again. much to my dismay, got the same error message. so i went to bed with plans to visit the pharmacy first thing in the am. naturally i over slept (woke up at 2:30pm) even more angry that much of my "day off" had already passed. i then called the pharmacy, explained my situation to which they said it was due to the fact that there were no refills left on the two scripts. standard procedure-they call the doctor and my neurologist and have them write two new scripts. i did a few things around the house to make some time pass and then headed for the pharmacy. once there, my already crappy day took a turn for the worse. the pharmacist told me that neither doctor had issued a new script nor would they until i scheduled an office visit for a check up! PISSED i was. i walked out to the car and sat there for a few minutes till i calmed down.

while there i got to thinking...getting an apointment with my regular doctor usually means a two-three week wait. apointment with my neurologist sometimes can be a wait of one or two months; there are so few here in northeastern pa. no, i wasn't calming down one bit. then i thought wait a minute i don't have a cold or an itchy patch of jock itch; i have an incurable disease last time i checked. i've been on these scripts for a few years because of the disease. the dosage hasn't changed, my symptoms haven't changed and i've been to both doctors fairly recently....

no, when i got home i didn't make any phone calls or schedule any visits. this experience had me too angry and also made me very "tired" so i went back to bed for about an hour. woke up still angry and still feeling crappy. i'd say it was expensive day off.

0 comments: