a celebration of the fish's!

3.09.2006
today, 8 march i turned 43!

I'd like to think of my life as a work in progress... learning, changing, adapting, helping and re-thinking. my absence over the past month or so stems from that.

imagine if i had said that i've been spending all my time at the wonka chocolate factory!

two projects have been in development: one is complete and the other is almost finished. i think it was early in 1996 when i decided to get on board with then, a new online auction business, called ebay. after a few years of mostly buying, i stepped back and looked at my spending habits: time to put on the breaks. yes the bargains were amazing and the new additions to the many things i collect made it even better. after this long period of "don't go shopping on ebay", i've decided to return to ebay as a seller (my ebay page here) on this particular journey. it's only been about two weeks since i put up my first item and i've already got my own little beehive of activity.

an underlying idea of the return to ebay was to also create a place to market something of my own creation and maybe make a few extra bucks! i'm a pretty talented guy and i've been lucky to have been blessed with a-lot of creativity abilities and a dynamic imagination. so with my knack for design, love of color and disgust of "what's available" i've decided to start creating my own line of aquatic landscape pieces. the first wave will be silk aquarium plants, offering alternative species & styles with a focus on color, form and presentation. most of us aquarium buffs are far too familiar of vast number of "plastic" plants that are available and just how un-natural most of them look. yes, silk versions do exists but in my opinion they are few in choices and way over priced. as of today i've got everything i need supply wise to start creating; the first designs will show themselves in a few days. i'll list them on my ebay site once they are ready. i'm also planning another blog for us aquarium hobbyist which will also showcase my work along with other articles of interest, ideas, species information and items related to freshwater fish tanks. i'll keep you posted. cheers!-ron

0 comments: