time & family

3.09.2006

i spent today over sleeping, squirming and traveling. last week mom asked me what i wanted for my birthday? i thought for a moment and it was clear... french fry's w/gravey! of course she anticipated and hoped for something more "commercial"; as always i had other ideas. so today ben (my brother) and i met up with my mom, my uncle, and cousin bonnie at the new berwick diner, berwick pa.. turns out the owner, chris, is greek. so an ever bigger surprise fell into my lap. not only was i able to have my fry's with gravy but i also had a few greek dishes to choose from as well! FAB! i remembered life in boston and the day i had my fist ever greek salad; i fell instantly. back to berwick...the food was great (salad, gyro w/lamb, stuffed grape leaves), my family did'nt argue once, uncle ren didn't tell any dirty jokes and mom & bonnie got to gossip about some of the other local ladies (patrons)! the owner brought out a freshly baked piece of chocolate cake (local baker in hazelton, pa. (hello mummsy!) mary/michele something) with a candle; they all sang way off key. the cake was delish! turns out chris is a customer at american paper & supply, where my mom works. all in all, a great time. wendy called (my sister) when we got back to my moms. we did a little catching up and talked about my "crafty" thinking. ben & drove back to wilkes-barre around 8pm and within about 15 minutes after being home, my m.s. decided to punish me for my day's activity. i had no choice but to go to sleep. my "nap" ended up being 2 hours. i'm back up now, working on ideas, listening to corrine bailey rae, having a little "smoke" and writing this...life is pretty groovy right about now.

and to the rest of you who also had a hand in making "my day" a-little brighter with cards, calls and emails...you're all very special to me. we all fit together in a comfortable, loveing way-don't we!

if you foregot, that's just fine. you're still loved bunch's!

0 comments: